Notice! This blog is no longer updated as such, and the new spot to point your feedreaders and blurry eyes are https://shelter.nu/blog/
This also means no more comments here, and especially not you spammers, you filthy floatsam of the internet!
It's been quiet around here lately. The usual busy excuse, but I'll underline just how busy;
- At work I'm hacking PHP and tweaking XSLT for all sorts of little programs and tools. I was especially pleased today when I converted a mammoth XML and two amazingly huge XSLT templates that all three needed massive amounts of maintenence each time some data changed, into a smaller XML (with better semantics and using canonical XML) and one single really small XSLT (being declarative rather than functional based) that did it all automagically (using Munchian grouping). I might turn it into an article, because I see a lot of XSLT around the net that could be made so much better with some simple means.
- Despite what you may have heard, I'm still working on the auto-ontology tool for filesystems software. Things are going slow, but when I get back (see below) I'll spin it out.
xSiteable 0.95. It's coming soon. Enough said.
- Ok, here is the big one of late. I'm taking some time off work to go to New York, USA, for about two weeks, doing some Topic maps related work for a company over there. (Some other guys are doing the fun hardcore Topic Maps backend stuff; I'm doing the fancy frontend stuff) I'll be doing another trip a bit later on and some work inbetween, and I'm hoping this means that Topic maps applications are slowly getting wider use. Now that it has been proven that RDF and Topic Maps can have sex and make pretty babies, I reckon fewer people are afraid of the commitments involved.
- The www.patsoft.no site is going good. If you haven't heard about it - and live in the Norwegian proximity - it's a conference about software and patents. It is really interesting, and people of all camps are going there. For special deals, call Jens and say I told you so; he's the man in charge, a good friend of the family, and my former houselord, fair and honest.
- My daughter Grace just started school, and down here they use uniforms at school. What a strange feeling this daddy's got, my girl all growing up and such. But alas, such is life, and I enjoy it very much.
I think that's about it. Now I need to hurry up wrapping all work projects up before I go. If anyone know of cheap accomedation in NY, let me know! Oh, and places I must go to eat and / or drink! I'm a sucker for good food, good beverages and good atmosphere. Hey, if you live there, let's meet up and have a serious talk about Monteverdi's 1610 vespers impact on the formation of Venetian style baroque music, eh? (or something else, probably, like Topic maps or something :)
Permalink (Thu, 3 February 2005 13:00:00 GMT)| Comments (0) | General